In this article
"Show Logged On Users" Form Display a List of Logged On Users in the Registered Computers view Troubleshooting common errors
Show Logged On Users
This feature allows you to get a list of all users logged on to a remote computer.
There are two ways to search for logged on users with SmartCode VNC Manager:
- The first method is to use the Show Logged On Users form.
- Alternately, the list of logged on users can be displayed as a column in the Registered Computers list.
"Show Logged On Users" Form
To open the Show Logged On Users form, right click on a computer and select . Alternatively, you can use Ctrl+G as a shortcut to open the form.
The numbered items apply to the numbers shown in the picture at right:
- Target computers list appears in this pane.
Allows you to specify a method to get a list user logged on to a remote computer either using registry scan or the WMI query method. Both methods have their pros and cons.
- Extremely fast.
- Usually, doesn't require logon credentials in order to establish a connection with a remote computer.
- Only works when you are scanning a computer that is on the same domain.
- Doesn't return information about login type (network, batch, service, etc).
- The Remote computer must have the "Remote Registry" service started.
- Can scan a computer that is on a different domain.
- Can retrieve more details comparing to the Registry Scan method.
- Slower than the Registry Scan method.
- Due to a bug in the WMI provider implementation on Windows Server 2008 and 2008 R2, may not return a complete list of the logged on users.
- In order to establish a WMI connection you might be prompted to provide logon credentials.
Click the Execute button to search for logged on users.
The search results window is shown in the picture on the right. The numbered items apply to the numbers shown in the picture at right:
- Select a computer to view a list of logged on users received from the computer.
- A green icon represents a real (interactive logon) user account.
- A gray icon represents a system or non-interactive account.
- Click the Copy to Clipboard button to copy the list of logged on users to the Clipboard. Alternatively you can use Ctrl+C as a shortcut to copy the list.
Display a List of Logged On Users in the Registered Computers List
SmartCode VNC Manager retrieves a list of logged on users when you execute the Show Logged On Users Command (Ctrl+Shift+G) or Check the using the VNC/RDP/SSH Server Status (Ctrl+U) command. In the latter case, SmartCode VNC Manager will attempt to retrieve a list of logged on users only if the following setting is enabled: .
Troubleshooting Common Errors
You receive error "The network path was not found." when you attempt to fetch logged on users
APPLIES TO: SmartCode VNC Manager v6.0.7 or newer