Fatal Execution Engine Error (0x7927e03e)

Author
nmonroe
Supreme Being (591 reputation)Supreme Being (591 reputation)Supreme Being (591 reputation)Supreme Being (591 reputation)Supreme Being (591 reputation)Supreme Being (591 reputation)Supreme Being (591 reputation)Supreme Being (591 reputation)Supreme Being (591 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Fatal Execution Engine Error (0x7927e03e)

I am having this error when attempting to launch the demo for SmartCode VNC Manager (Enterprise Edition) 3.0

I am running WinXP sp2 with .NET 1.1. I am using an IBM Think PAD R51. I also have Office 2003 and Visual studio 2003 loaded.

I am not sure what this is from. I tried searching for an answer, but I have had no luck. I tried .NET 2.0 but it gave me a bluescreen to I rolled it back.

I like the feature set, and would have bought it already (I have tested it on my desktop and it works great) but I need it on my laptop.

Thanks for your help!

-Nick
Yury Averkiev (s-code)
Yury Averkiev (s-code)
Supreme Being (206K reputation)Supreme Being (206K reputation)Supreme Being (206K reputation)Supreme Being (206K reputation)Supreme Being (206K reputation)Supreme Being (206K reputation)Supreme Being (206K reputation)Supreme Being (206K reputation)Supreme Being (206K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Nick,
it sounds like something wrong with the .Net configuration on the notebook.
If you try to google for "Fatal Execution Engine Error (0x7927e03e)" you will get plenty of links with information regarding this error.

http://www.s-code.com/App_Themes/Default/images/blue_line.gif
Regards,
Yury Averkiev, SmartCode

nmonroe
nmonroe
Supreme Being (591 reputation)Supreme Being (591 reputation)Supreme Being (591 reputation)Supreme Being (591 reputation)Supreme Being (591 reputation)Supreme Being (591 reputation)Supreme Being (591 reputation)Supreme Being (591 reputation)Supreme Being (591 reputation)
I tried many of these links on google with no luck. I will keep plugging away. I was hoping someone had the same issue.

-nick
Yury Averkiev (s-code)
Yury Averkiev (s-code)
Supreme Being (206K reputation)Supreme Being (206K reputation)Supreme Being (206K reputation)Supreme Being (206K reputation)Supreme Being (206K reputation)Supreme Being (206K reputation)Supreme Being (206K reputation)Supreme Being (206K reputation)Supreme Being (206K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Nick,
this issue had never been reported by our users before. I did some research on this topic today, and unfortunately it appears that in some cases there is nothing can be done to fix the problem.

But since you are having the problem with .Net 1.1, .Net 2.0 might still be working OK on your notebook.
Have you tried to run v3.5 beta, which is .Net 2.0 based ?

http://www.s-code.com/App_Themes/Default/images/blue_line.gif
Regards,

Yury Averkiev, SmartCode

nmonroe
nmonroe
I found a solution.

http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/04/16/408856.aspx

I tried to uninstall .NET 1.1 and 1.0 and I received errors.

I then used his cleaning tool and removed all of the .NET components. My mouse cursor was erratic, but once I installed 1.0 and rebooted, all was OK. VNC Manager works too!!

If you were to use this cleaning tool, be sure to download 1.0 first so you do not have to keyboard through the MS web site to update.

Thanks for your responses.

-Nick
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...