Re-request: Would like to see and manage mapped drives and printers

Author
Lee
Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Has this been implemented and I just haven't noticed it? I use VNC Manager for 90% of my network management and I would love to see who has what drives mapped and shared printers connected.
Yury Averkiev (s-code)
Yury Averkiev (s-code)
Supreme Being (207K reputation)Supreme Being (207K reputation)Supreme Being (207K reputation)Supreme Being (207K reputation)Supreme Being (207K reputation)Supreme Being (207K reputation)Supreme Being (207K reputation)Supreme Being (207K reputation)Supreme Being (207K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Actually these features were implemented in the v4.X builds. The Shares Manager should be able to show shared HDDs and the Printer Manager allows to manage printers attached to a computer.

http://www.s-code.com/App_Themes/Default/images/blue_line.gif
Regards,
Yury Averkiev, SmartCode

Lee
Lee
Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)Supreme Being (2.5K reputation)
Where is it that I can look at the drives mapped on the remote computer?

In the printer manager, all I see is the pdf printer software. The machine

I'm looking at has 4 printers; 1 pdf printer and 3 printers mapped on my

print server. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Enterprise edition 5.5.3.1 x64.

I can get you the component versions if you need them.

These features would be EXTREMELY valuable to me.
Yury Averkiev (s-code)
Yury Averkiev (s-code)
Supreme Being (207K reputation)Supreme Being (207K reputation)Supreme Being (207K reputation)Supreme Being (207K reputation)Supreme Being (207K reputation)Supreme Being (207K reputation)Supreme Being (207K reputation)Supreme Being (207K reputation)Supreme Being (207K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Where is it that I can look at the drives mapped on the remote computer?

I'd spoken too soon. The current version cannot manage drive mappings. The good news that should be able to implement this feature in the v5.5. Altrough I'm not sure about the "create mapping" part at the moment, but list and delete drive mappings features will be implemented for sure.

http://www.s-code.com/App_Themes/Default/images/blue_line.gif
Regards,
Yury Averkiev, SmartCode

Lee
Lee
It's been awhile and I was wondering if there been any progress on these features?

1. Want to see users mapped network drives
2. Want to see users mapped network printers
3. want to be able to add or remove either.

Thanks again for a really great product.
Lee
Lee
Hi there. It's been awhile and never heard back on the status of this requested feature.
Are we going to see it anytime soon?
Lee
Lee
Has there been any movement on this yet?

Would be extra-useful.

Still waiting.
Lee
Lee
Alas, apparently still not in the current builds. It seems we are slated to continue to wait.
jpickerell
jpickerell
Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)Supreme Being (5.7K reputation)
This is a feature I also think would be useful.

-Jared
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...