Network Scan Issue

Author
danny33
Supreme Being (172 reputation)Supreme Being (172 reputation)Supreme Being (172 reputation)Supreme Being (172 reputation)Supreme Being (172 reputation)Supreme Being (172 reputation)Supreme Being (172 reputation)Supreme Being (172 reputation)Supreme Being (172 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When I perform a network scan on one of my dynamic search folders I only have one computer show up. I've done it by "ou" and by subnet with the same results. It's strange but it looks like all of the computers are being scanned but not filling in the list. The one computer's attributes change like all of the other computers are using that one computer. Sorry, that's not easy to explain.
Yury Averkiev (s-code)
Yury Averkiev (s-code)
Supreme Being (213K reputation)Supreme Being (213K reputation)Supreme Being (213K reputation)Supreme Being (213K reputation)Supreme Being (213K reputation)Supreme Being (213K reputation)Supreme Being (213K reputation)Supreme Being (213K reputation)Supreme Being (213K reputation)
Group: Administrators
I cannot reproduce it using the 5.0.13.0 build. But it could be that the issue occurs only some specific combination of VNC/RDP/PING/CITRIX scans is used.

Could you please ZIP and email to us the following folder:
%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\SmartCode Solutions\VNC Manager\

Please send it to support@s-code.com

What OS is installed on the computer with the VNC Manager?

http://www.s-code.com/App_Themes/Default/images/blue_line.gif
Regards,

Yury Averkiev, SmartCode

dgonyx
dgonyx
Supreme Being (115 reputation)Supreme Being (115 reputation)Supreme Being (115 reputation)Supreme Being (115 reputation)Supreme Being (115 reputation)Supreme Being (115 reputation)Supreme Being (115 reputation)Supreme Being (115 reputation)Supreme Being (115 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have had this same issue for the last couple years!! I've tried calling support but I have to wait till 1:00am till they open so the one time I got a hold of them I didnt get much resolved.

Here is my issue. We have had this same issue when running Vista and now Windows 7. Our only work around is that we install a virtual machine running on the same subnet that is running Windows XP. When we run the scans on XP, everything works perfectly. I've been told that it has something to do with my network, but I cannot believe that since the virtual xp machine is on the same network, running the same scans. There has to be something within Vista and 7 that is preventing these scans to list.

Note: I manage a network consisting of several smaller network; when I scan my own local subnet, everything scans fine. Again, THIS IS NOT A NETWORK ISSUE. All scans run from the same network, on the same subnet running on Windows XP run Perfect.

Please Help! We've spent a lot of money on this product. I love its functionality but this has got to be resolved.
Yury Averkiev (s-code)
Yury Averkiev (s-code)
Supreme Being (213K reputation)Supreme Being (213K reputation)Supreme Being (213K reputation)Supreme Being (213K reputation)Supreme Being (213K reputation)Supreme Being (213K reputation)Supreme Being (213K reputation)Supreme Being (213K reputation)Supreme Being (213K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Dustin,
since we cannot reproduce this issue on our test network the only viable option to get insight on this issue is to have one of our local computers, with the VNC Manager running under debugger, connected to your network via VPN. This way we could see what is going on and why the computers not being found.

If this could be done, please do contact us. If you are worried about security of your network, we are ready to sign NDA or any other documents required.

http://www.s-code.com/App_Themes/Default/images/blue_line.gif
Regards,

Yury Averkiev, SmartCode

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...