Default Screen Stretch Mode

Default Screen Stretch Mode

Author
View Quick Profile

Supreme Being
Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Months Ago
I have to manage over 1,000 remote connections with monitors at all different resolutions.
I am not allowed to change the resolutions of any of these monitors.
Instead of having to change the "Screen Stretch Mode" of each and every individual VNC connection (View → Screen Stretch Mode → [ Disabled | Free Fill | Aspect Ratio ] ), how do I change the default setting from "Disabled" to "Aspect Ratio" or "Free Fill" so it will fit my screen automatically when I connect.
I have to check literally hundreds of monitors every day and this is really slowing me down.

Yury Averkiev (s-code)
View Quick Profile

Supreme Being
Supreme Being (193K reputation)Supreme Being (193K reputation)Supreme Being (193K reputation)Supreme Being (193K reputation)Supreme Being (193K reputation)Supreme Being (193K reputation)Supreme Being (193K reputation)Supreme Being (193K reputation)Supreme Being (193K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 7 days ago @ 10:28 PM
Hi Ryan,
I can offer a couple of recommendations:
1) Enable settings inheritance and configure your registered computers to inherit settings from their parent folder or from a global settings object. And then on either folder or global level you can configure default screen stretching mode for your VNC connections (under Remote Clients \ VNC \ Settings \ Display).

2) If you need to reset settings on existing connections, you can do it via Tools \ Options \ Registered Computers \ Default Registered Computers Settings
First you need to configure desired settings by clicking on the Edit Default Settings... button and then reset settings by clicking on the Apply to All Computers... button.

http://www.s-code.com/App_Themes/Default/images/blue_line.gif
Kindest Regards,
SmartCode Solutions Support
ryan.decker@flydenver.com
View Quick Profile

Supreme Being
Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)Supreme Being (93 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Months Ago
So helpful, thank you so much!
You just saved me literally hours of time and skyrocketed my productivity.
You've eliminated my frustrations and pushed my motivation through the roof.

This is exactly what I was looking for.

THANK YOU!