Remote Exec var

Remote Exec var

Author
View Quick Profile

Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Months Ago
I'm trying to run a .exe file with Remote exec and "psexec.exe" like execution method.

It works if I put the computer name in, but it doesn't work as a variable %computername%

For example: (this works)
Enter remote file name:  c:\program files\ultravnc\MSLogonACL.exe
Command-line arguments: /i /o \\acad2025\ADMIN$\mslogonacl.txt

(This doesn't work)
Enter remote file name:  c:\program files\ultravnc\MSLogonACL.exe
Command-line arguments: /i /o \\%computername%\ADMIN$\mslogonacl.txt

So I'm not sure how to pass the computer names off to the arguments.

Also,
What is ($support_share) ?  I can't find this in any documentation, yet it exists on the right arrow next to command-line arguments..
Yury Averkiev (s-code)
View Quick Profile

Supreme Being
Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Month
Hi Ken,
$(support_share) resolves to a local path on the remote computer for the share name that is used to upload "support files".

/images/forum/remote-exec-support-share.png

With regards of the %computername% variable. Could you send me the command line that you are trying to execute?

http://www.s-code.com/App_Themes/Default/images/blue_line.gif
Kindest Regards,
SmartCode Solutions Support
Edited
4 Years Ago by Yury Averkiev (s-code)
ken
View Quick Profile

Supreme Being
Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)Supreme Being (1.5K reputation)

Hi Yuri,

That is the command line I was testing
c:\program files\ultravnc\MSLogonACL.exe /i /o \\%computername%\ADMIN$\mslogonacl.txt

So can you use that variable like this: (?)
($support_share)\mslogonacl.txt
Would this auto assume the computername target?

Ken
Yury Averkiev (s-code)
View Quick Profile

Supreme Being
Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)Supreme Being (109.2K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Month

($support_share)\mslogonacl.txt
Would this auto assume the computername target?

Yes this should work. We used to do something similar as part of the VNC Deployment Wizard.

http://www.s-code.com/App_Themes/Default/images/blue_line.gif
Kindest Regards,
SmartCode Solutions Support
ken
View Quick Profile

Supreme Being

That did it!